We treat most neurological conditions with some exceptions. For example, elderly patients who have Parkinson’s disease as well as other medical issues are looked after by our care of the elderly staff. Chronic fatigue syndrome is managed in primary care.
Specialist first seizure/epilepsy clinics are run from Peterborough City Care Centre twice a week on Monday and Wednesday mornings.
Catherine Semple MS Specialist Nurse
Neurologist - Dr JW Thorpe - Lead Consultant for Multiple sclerosis
We provide our consultancy service to inpatients and outpatients.
Our consultants are linked to the neurosciences centre at Addenbrooke's Hospital, where additional specialist investigations and inpatient care are provided.
Multiple sclerosis specialist nurse
- information about Multiple sclerosis
- coping with your diagnosis
- managing your symptoms
- recognising and managing relapses
- treatment options
- reviewing your symptoms and advice
- our ‘nurse-led’ clinics at Peterborough City and Stamford Hospitals
- support and information to family members and carers
- liaise with physiotherapy, occupational therapy, continence advisers, speech therapists and social services
- provide a link between care in hospital and the community.
The MS Society Peterborough branch provides advice and support to people with MS and their carers:
The MS Society runs a free, confidential helpline:
The Multiple Sclerosis Trust provides information for anyone affected by multiple sclerosis, and education programmes for health professionals, funding for research and campaigning for specialist multiple sclerosis services: Call 01462 476700 www.mstrust.org.uk
Department of Health Multiple Sclerosis Decisions (guidance for Disease Modifying Therapy www.msdecisions.org.uk
Wobblers (local young person’s group) Call Richard Morgan on 01733 757747 or email email@example.com
MS Therapy Centre, Huntingdon, call 01480 458688 www.hpcmstc.co.uk
Click here for links to the MS service at Addenbrooke’s Hospital