Fracture liaison service
Our osteoporosis specialist nurse reviews all fragility fractures and where appropriate, confirms the diagnosis of osteoporosis with DEXA scanning, offering advice and recommendations for treatment.
Hip fracture service
Mr Martyn Parker runs the Trust's nationally recognised hip fracture service and produces our extensive research programme.
Our trauma practitioners co-ordinate our trauma activity. If you have any questions about trauma admissions or referrals, please contact the on-call orthopaedic registrar via our switchboard on 01733 678000.
- upper limb
- shoulder/elbow – arthroplasty, arthroscopic soft tissue reconstruction
- hand – corrective and reconstructive procedures
- lower limb
- hip primary and revision, labral repair and arthroscopy
- knee primary and revision, soft tissue reconstruction
- foot and ankle
- arthroplasty and reconstructive surgery
- CTEV and DDH
Specialist children’s orthopaedics
Mr Piers Mitchell and Mr Mark Latimer are our two specialist children’s orthopaedic surgeons. They perform a broad range of complex paediatric surgical procedures. These include lower limb realignment surgery, leg lengthening surgery with frames, knee ligament reconstructions, and hip reconstructions for neuromuscular disorders such as cerebral palsy, but do not include tumours and spinal surgery.