Over the last few days we’ve been keeping you up to date with our Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. This includes restricting visiting.
Our outpatient services are also changing to keep people safe. We see thousands of people in our clinics every week, to lessen that number on site – and prevent the spreading of infection, we’re introducing our own ‘social distancing’ measures by holding ‘virtual clinics.’
- Our clinical teams are currently reviewing appointments, unless you have received notification from the hospital regarding the cancellation or changing of your appointment please still attend as planned. The hospital is contacting patients regarding their appointments, be aware that the hospital may be in touch with you at short notice to make other arrangements
IMPORTANT: Please don’t call our switchboard team as they can’t access our appointment systems and won’t be able to help you.
- If you haven’t heard from the hospital and your appointment is in 48 hours please call the outpatient booking teams. Details of which can be found on your letter or on our Outpatients Appointment page
- Over the next few months most of our routine outpatient appointments will become telephone or virtual consultation conversations with a healthcare professional. The appointments team will contact you to agree which will be the best option for you
- If your referral or follow up appointment is for urgent medical reasons, please be assured that you will be able to come to hospital to see us but we may still want to talk to you
- Please note that when we call patients, the hospital number often appears as an unknown number.
**In the meantime, please help us by NOT attending the hospital with symptoms that could be COVID-19. Either a high temperature of 37.8 and/or a new continuous cough. If you have either of these stay at home and follow government isolation guidelines www.nhs.uk/coronavirus and if your appointment is urgent contact us so we can advise you.**
Thank you for your support at this challenging time.
Back to Trust news