All the latest information for pregnant and postnatal women including appointments, attending the hospital and infant feeding is here.
Available in English, Polish and Romanian so far.
Guidance for women who are pregnant and due to deliver soon and who have confirmed or suspected coronavirus/COVID-19 showing symptoms outlined
If you are in early labour you should call the maternity unit for advice.
If your intended birth partner has symptoms, or has been in contact with a confirmed case, they will not be able to visit in any area of the maternity unit.
If you have mild coronavirus/ COVID-19 symptoms you should remain at home in early labour as per standard practice but call the maternity unit first for advice.
You should come to the hospital in private transport (your own car or someone else giving you a lift) where possible or call 111/999 for advice as appropriate. If an ambulance is required, the call handler should be informed that you are currently in self-isolation for possible coronavirus/COVID-19.
You should alert a member of maternity staff that you have arrived at the hospital, remain in your car and phone the labour ward for instructions before you enter the hospital. You can do this by phoning the labour ward.
Guidance for women who are pregnant for antenatal appointments
- If you have no symptoms of coronavirus please attend your antenatal appointments as usual unless you are contacted directly by your community midwife.
- Please contact your community midwives directly for all queries regarding appointments and where they are taking place as circumstances will be changing daily
- Please note that GP surgeries and Children’s Centres are likely to be reviewing access to them over the coming weeks and months so location of appointments may change over this period
Guidance for getting ready for a home visit from your midwife here Guidance for formula feeding
- Please note that we are no longer allowing partners to attend appointments/visits with you
- If you are formula feeding your baby please follow the instructions on the packaging. Please do not water down the feed or add any other milk substitutes. If you have any queries please refer to the website below.
https://www.unicef.org.uk/babyfriendly/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2008/02/start4life_guide_to_bottle_-feeding.pdf Guidance for breastfeeding
For more information please visit https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Back to coronavirus update