From information presently available on clinical cases of CoViD-19, it appears that a percentage of CoViD-19 infections can result in sepsis. Sepsis is a life-threatening condition that arises when the body’s response to infection injures its own tissues and organs.
At this time it remains vital to be aware and monitor for any deterioration in your own (or another adult’s) condition. Self-isolating or not, and you (or another adult) develop any of the following symptoms in the context of infection then it is essential to seek urgent medical help:
- Slurred speech or confusion
- Extreme shivering or muscle pain
- Passing no urine (in a day)
- Severe breathlessness*
- It feels like you’re going to die
- Skin mottled or discoloured
Back to Latest Coronavirus update.