A number of organisations and businesses are recognising the hard work of NHS and Emergency Services workers during the COVID-19 pandemic by offering protected shopping, freebies and discounts for colleagues.
Please click the tab below for more information about the various offers available to staff.
We would like to thank all those offering support to our NHS colleagues.
If you know of an offer that isn't listed below, please get in touch and we will update our lists: email@example.com.
- Tesco: 9am-10am every Sunday (this does not include Express stores)
- Marks and Spencer: First hour of trading, every Tuesday and Friday morning to buy essentials. Please visit: www.marksandspencer.com/stores for you local store's opening times
- Morrisons: 7am-8am, Monday to Sunday
- Sainsburys: 7.30am - 8am, Monday to Sunday
- Asda: 8am-9am on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Iceland: Final hour of trading, Monday to Sunday
- Co-Op: 8am-9am, Monday to Saturday and 10am-11am on Sundays
- Aldi: 9.30am-10am, Monday to Saturday with tills opening 10am on Sundays
Please ensure you take your NHS ID with you and be ready to present this to supermarket staff upon entry.
Costa - open in hospitals. Costa announced on 25 March it can no longer provide hot drinks but has 250,000 coffee cans for NHS workers.
Dominos – free medium pizza, delivery only.
YO! Sushi – 50 per cent off all food. Get a code from the Blue Light card website or app.
WH Smith - 20 per cent off all food and drinks in hospital stores.
Hotel Chocolate – 50 per cent discount.
LEON – 50 per cent off takeaway food.
Las Iguanas - 50 per cent off at locations that remain open for takeaway plus a free drink.
Mindful Chef - 30 per cent discount on recipe boxes and ready meals. Email firstname.lastname@example.org from your NHS email account to get a code.
Superdrug - 20 per cent discount when using a Superdrug health and beauty card and a valid NHS ID card.
- Your Parking Space is offering all NHS staff free parking in 900+ car parks across the UK, take a look at their website to access a code.
- NCP - free parking to all key workers who still need to travel and park during the lockdown period. Pre-book online up to an hour before arrival.
- Hertz - £1 day car rental for frontline workers including NHS, teachers, fire and police services, and Armed Forces. Book online by Monday 30 March for use by the end of April.
NHS staff should keep checking the NHS discounts Twitter feed for the latest national and local offers.