Click here for accessibility information
Your choice of place of birth will be discussed at your booking appointment, but if you change your mind at any time throughout your pregnancy then you can just speak to your midwife who is there to support you.
Our community midwives will ensure all women are given the opportunity to give birth at home. If you choose to give birth at home then the community team will provide you with full antenatal care, in an antenatal clinic, based in your GP surgery or local children's centre.
At approximately 36 weeks a home assessment and discussion of your labour will need to take place in your home. Our community midwives provide 24/7 cover for homebirths and care for you after you have given birth at home, as well as the postnatal period.
Midwife-Led Birthing Unit (The Primrose Suite)
We offer a relaxing, non-clinical environment for women who've had a low-risk pregnancy. Having your baby here is similar to having your baby at home. It's more like a home-from-home than a hospital so it helps to promote a natural birth by enabling women to labour with little intervention.
- Two dedicated birthing rooms furnished with Bradbury mattresses (a special maternity mattress to evolve with the movements of your body). One room has its own ensuite with a bath and the other has an ensuite with a shower and access to the birthing pool
- Birthing aids - mats, cushions, birthing couches, balls, and stools are all available
Location: The Primrose Suite can be found on the first floor of the hospital to the left-hand-side of the hospital.
We offer high quality holistic care for all women in the early stages of labour, supporting and assisting you with mobility and comfort.
- Seven dedicated birthing rooms all with ensuite facilities
- A birthing pool
- Birthing aids - mats. cushions, birthing couches, balls, and stools are all available
- A dedicated obstetric operating theatre
- The Meadow Suite for bereavement care
Location: The Labour ward can be found on the first floor of the hospital to the left-hand-side. Please follow the signs.