The Maternity Covid-19 helpline has been reactived. If you have any questions or queries relating to Covid-19 please phone the number below, we are happy to advise.
The new helpline number is 07766253920 and will be open Monday-Friday between 9am-3pm.
Please note that our general maternity helpline is still open and operating as normal for any queries that are not related to Coronvirus.
The NHS and Public Health England (PHE) are extremely well prepared for outbreaks of new infectious diseases. The NHS has put in place measures to ensure the safety of all patients and NHS staff while also ensuring services are available to the public as normal.
The main symptoms of Coronavirus COVID-19 are:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- a loss, or a change in, your normal sense of smell or taste
If you think you have Coronavirus, please stay at home and use the 119 online Coronavirus service for further advice.
Staying at home (self-isolation)
If your symptoms are mild then the advice is to stay at home isolated for 10 days. Any other members of the same household must remain at home in self-isolation for 14 days.
Visit the NHS Coronavirus information to find out more about self-isolation
To help stop the spread of Coronavirus it is good practice to:
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly with soap and water, especially after using or coming into contact with public services. In the absence of soap and water please use a hand sanitiser gel.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Keep to the Social Distance Guidelines
- Carry with you tissues, in order to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue after use and wash your hands thoroughly.
Please do not delay seeking advice. If you have any concerns about your baby’s movements, are unwell, or in pain or bleeding. Let us know when you call if you or your household are self-isolating or have symptoms of fever or cough.