Click here for accessibility information
**Please note that there are some visiting restrictions currently in place. Please go to our Visitor Information page for more details here**
Our hospital at Stamford has 22 inpatient beds on the John Van Geest ward and provides a range of outpatient clinic services, a minor injuries unit, and a day case surgery facility. It is also the base for the Trust’s pain management services. A programme to redevelop Stamford Hospital was completed in July 2017 – this saw the installation of a permanent MRI scanning suite on site, expanded facilities for blood taking and outpatient clinics, a new chemotherapy and lymphoedema suite, an improved physiotherapy gym, new administration facilities and a refurbished health clinic facility.
Services at Stamford & Rutland Hospital
Minor Injuries Unit - temporarily closed due to Covid-19
Alternative Minor Injuries Units are located at Grantham, Oakham, Corby and Spalding a well as the Urgent Treatment Centre in Peterborough. Blood Tests (Phlebotomy)
The Phlebotomy Service is available Monday - Friday, 8.30am-5pm.
We are located in Clinic A - (the building attached to the hospital on the left, when facing the hospital entrance).
- please bring your blood request forms with you, without these we are unable to proceed
- samples can be dropped off during opening times
- please note that we do not take blood samples from children under the age of 10, under 10's will need to go to Amazon Ward at Peterborough City Hospital by appointment.
Greenwood Day Treatment Unit - Open 8am to 6:30pm Monday to Friday
Greenwood is a Day Treatment Unit which treats more than 5,000 patients each year. Access to the unit is via the Outpatients entrance on Ryhall Road. We are situated some distance from the main entrance and some patients may find this a challenge. Wheelchairs are available in the foyer for you to use. If you need assistance, please tell one of the receptionists at the main reception desk.
Click here to give feedback about your care
We specialise in the following areas:
- Chronic Pain Management
- Plastic Surgery
Your care plan is tailored to your specific needs and our nursing staff are committed to providing you with the highest standard of care at all times.
- Male and female waiting areas are provided in line with Government and Trust policy
- We have disabled toilet facilities
- You may use your mobile phone or tablet, however free wifi is not available
- Patients will be offered refreshments post procedure if permitted - a cafeteria is situated at the hospital entrance
- If you are accompanying a patient, please wait in the cafeteria or designated waiting areas after bringing them to the unit
- Patient confidentiality and dignity is our priority. Please do not take photographs while you are on the unit
REDEVELOPMENT PROJECT - EXPANSION OF STAMFORD HOSPITAL
A project to redevelop Stamford Hospital completed in July 2017. This enabled us to improve our clinical areas, modernise our facilities and expand our services to accommodate the increased numbers of patients who now come here for their treatment.
The project delivered the following improvements:
- an expanded imaging department
- a brand new state-of-the-art MRI Scanner
- a completely refurbished health clinic - known as Clinic A
- an enlarged purpose-built Phlebotomy (blood test) area
- a new Pain Management department
- a new Chemotherapy and Lymphoedema suite
- a new outpatients department with additional rooms for adults and children
- a second ultrasound room awaiting the arrival of a new ultrasound machine
- an improved physiotherapy gym
- a new administration suite
- imaging booking office
- decoration of our corridors
- refurbishment of our reception area