Area of specialty: Medicine for the Elderly
Location: we are at the back of the hospital so please use the Uffington Road entrance.
Ward Telephone: 01733 678345
Visiting times: 2-4pm and 6-8pm
Hot drinks are available throughout the day.
Meal times are protected, but we do welcome families or care assistants to help with feeding patients if required.
Patients are often transferred to the John Van Geest Ward so they can recover after a serious illness. While you are a patient here you will be able to receive therapy and rehabilitation. Our in-house team of therapists will assist you with your rehabilitation plan.
Your care plan is tailored to your specific needs and our nursing staff are committed to providing you with the highest standard of care at all times.
We have a communal area with dining and lounge facilities for patients and relatives to socialise with each other.
- Our ward has 22 single bedded rooms
- The ward is divided into three wings, each providing same-sex accommodation
- Some side rooms have their own en-suite bathroom, some are shared facilities to enable single sex stays. Each bed bay has a shared bathroom
- Each bed has its own television
- You may bring your mobile phone or tablet with you, however please note that the Trust’s internet is not available to patients or public. Electrical items will need to be PAT tested before using please speak with nursing staff to arrange this
- Patient confidentiality and dignity is a priority in the Trust which means taking photographs of other patients is not permitted