Area of specialty: Medicine for the Elderly
Location: we are at the back of the hospital so please use the Uffington Road entrance.
Ward Telephone: 01733 678345
Visiting times: 2-4pm and 6-8pm
- Breakfast 7.30am-9.30am
Hot drinks are available throughout the day.
Meal times are protected, but we do welcome families or care assistants to help with feeding patients if required.
John Van Geest is a Step Down Unit, supporting patients who may need ongoing treatment but no longer require 24 hour medical supervision.
Patients transferred to the unit often have complex discharge panning needs or may be waiting for care packages.
Your care plan is tailored to your specific needs and our nursing staff are committed to providing you with the highest standard of care at all times.
We have a communal area with dining and lounge facilities for patients and relatives to socialise with each other.
We currently have weekly visits from Zorro the hospital's PAT dog, John from Chaplaincy and Anna-Marie who can give you a hand massage or paint your nails.
- Our ward has 22 single bedded rooms
- The ward is divided into three wings, each providing same-sex accommodation
- Each room has their own en-suite bathroom
- Each bed has its own television
- You may bring your mobile phone or tablet with you, however please note that the Trust’s internet is not available to patients or public. Electrical items will need to be PAT tested before using please speak with nursing staff to arrange this
- Patient confidentiality and dignity is a priority in the Trust which means taking photographs of other patients is not permitted