We've introduced text message appointment reminders and an online portal giving you access to digital letters over the coming months. The text you receive will come from this mobile number +447860039092, and will state that it is from North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust.
Text messages will include a link (drdoctor.thirdparty.nhs.uk/nwangliaft) to a secure patient portal, where you will be able to see more information about your appointment. This can be accessed on your smartphone, tablet or desktop PC. Patients for whom we do not have a mobile phone number for will still receive a paper letter.
Once online you can:
- Request to change or cancel your appointment (please see blue tab below for more information)
- View and download your appointment letters
- View location information, including google maps and floor plans
- View important clinic information, this may include leaflets and videos
- Add your appointment to your personal calendar
If you are not receiving text message reminders, please ensure we have your correct mobile number, full name, date of birth and postcode on file.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update your details.
Accessing DrDoctor's patient portal via NHS login
You can now log into the DrDoctor patient portal using your NHS log in credentials.
You will still be able to access the patient portal in the same way you can now, using the two-factor authentication: providing your last name, date of birth and postcode, and then a six-digit one time code.
An FAQ document has been created for any queries you may have about using your NHS login and can be found here.
Changing or cancelling your appointment
In some specialties, you may be able to cancel/change your appointment via our online portal.
1) Follow the link in your text message or visit drdoctor.thirdparty.nhs.uk/nwangliaft to login to our online portal
2) To log in insert your name, date of birth and postcode. We may send you a one-time code to check it is really you. Enter this into the webpage
3) Once online you can request to change or cancel your appointment
4) We’ll review this request and you’ll receive a text message confirming if we could make this change or not
If it is too close to your appointment, or you need transport or a translator you will need to contact the booking team to change your appointment. Please find the contact details on the outpatients section of our website.
Patients can change/cancel appointment by text message by simply replying CHANGE or CANCEL to a text message which has this included within the message.
- We will send patients a text message when they have a new digital letter to view online
- Patients can follow the drdoctor.thirdparty.nhs.uk/nwangliaft link and login with their name, date of birth and postcode to view and download their PDF letter
- This is an optional service, patients who prefer paper letters can still receive their letters by post as usual. For patients who wish to have a paper copy of their digital letter for a specific appointment can simply text PRINT to the +447860039092 number
Since the Trust has collaborated with DrDocter the Trust has saved around £33,046 and avoided 4,551,780 grams of CO2 so far which is the equivalent to planting 207 trees.
For further information, you can read our press release here. To have a look at what our most frequently asked questions are click here.
Receiving paper letters
Patients who prefer paper letters can still receive their letters by post as usual. We will automatically send you a paper letter if you don’t view your digital letter.
If you want to view your letter online and receive a paper letter by post you can request a paper letter by:
- Logging into your secure patient portal, going to the ‘Settings’ tab in the top right, and turn off the paperless option
- Reply PRINT to your text message notifying you that you have a new digital letter