Welcome to our Cardiology Services page. Our Cardiology team works to diagnose, assess and treat people with a wide variety of heart conditions such as:
- coronary heart disease (also known as ischaemic heart disease)
- heart attack
- heart failure
- heart murmurs
- heart valve disease
Please see below for the services offered at each site across our trust and for more information about our service teams.
Peterborough City Hospital
- Location: Core B, Level One, PCH. The Cardiac Departments are on the first floor on Core B (the orange zone).
- Our Cardiology secretary Team can be contacted via: (main hospital) 01733 678000
About Our Service
Cardiology at PCH cares for patients with heart related illnesses, urgent cardiac problems, heart attacks, rhythm problems and heart failure. There is a dedicated cardiac unit consisting of a coronary care unit and a cardiology ward with monitored beds. The Cardiac Investigations Department also incorporates the Angiography Suite, which cares for patients undergoing elective day case procedures.
- Inpatients - will either be in our CCU or the Cardiac Ward
- Outpatient tests - will be in our Cardiac Investigation and Angiography departments (just next door)
Our Cardiologists see outpatients in Peterborough, Stamford, Spalding and Doddington.
GPs can arrange appointments for patients who need to be seen urgently. They make appointments for patients who have chest pain to attend the Rapid Access Chest Pain Clinic and arrange for them to have further investigations and management.
- Our Cardiology secretary Team can be contacted via: (main hospital) 01480 416416
About Our Services
We provide a comprehensive service in Cardiology medicine and diagnostics, offering inpatient and outpatient services.
Where necessary, we work in partnership with colleagues at Peterborough City and Papworth Hospitals for diagnostics and ongoing management.