Our first class treatment of trauma and elective patients is delivered swiftly, effectively and safely, to ensure quality outcomes. We use our resources efficiently and develop partnerships with primary care to ensure our patients receive a seamless service.
Peterborough City Hospital
Fracture liaison service
Our osteoporosis specialist nurse reviews all fragility fractures and where appropriate, confirms the diagnosis of osteoporosis with DEXA scanning, offering advice and recommendations for treatment.
Hip fracture service
We run a nationally recognised hip fracture service and produces our extensive research programme.
Our trauma practitioners co-ordinate our trauma activity. If you have any questions about trauma admissions or referrals, please contact the on-call orthopaedic registrar via our switchboard on 01733 678000.
- upper limb
- shoulder/elbow – arthroplasty, arthroscopic soft tissue reconstruction
- hand – corrective and reconstructive procedures
- lower limb
- hip primary and revision, labral repair and arthroscopy
- knee primary and revision, soft tissue reconstruction
- foot and ankle
- arthroplasty and reconstructive surgery
- CTEV and DDH
Specialist children’s orthopaedics
We perform a broad range of complex paediatric surgical procedures. These include lower limb realignment surgery, leg lengthening surgery with frames, knee ligament reconstructions, and hip reconstructions for neuromuscular disorders such as cerebral palsy, but do not include tumours and spinal surgery.
Our department offers both elective (planned surgery) and emergency treatment.
- primary (arthritis) and revision (replacement of primary) joint replacements - hip, knee and shoulders (resurfacing total shoulder replacements)
- Ankle and foot surgery
- Hand surgery
- Soft tissue reconstruction and keyhole surgery if the knee (ligament repairs and reconstructions)
- Key hole shoulder surgery (tendon and dislocation repairs)
- PMIs (patient matched implants) for revision hip surgery, made specifically for individual patients
- Navigated knee replacements - computer aided placement of implants to get as close as possible fit to replicate patients original anatomy
- On call trauma clinic: Monday to Friday, 9.30am-1pm
- Fracture clinic: Monday to Friday, 8.45am to 5.45pm
- Elective clinics : Monday to Friday, 8.45am to 5.45pm
Referrals for orthopaedics are made via your GP.
- Day surgery - 01480 428958
- Elective ward - 01480 423180
- Acute Trauma & Surgical Unit - 01480 418712
- Out patients - 01480 418710